6.28.2009

Dinner Time!

Hey everyone, hope your Sunday has been as fantastic as mine! D and my sister, Kar, went out for brunch (2 breakfasts in one day! Am I ever a lucky girl ;)). We went to my new FAVORITE restaurant, The Urban Diner! D and I have been there twice in the last 3 days. Hey, we know what we like, okay? I was in the mood for something a little old school and absolutely delicious, so I went with the 2 eggs any style, with diner potatoes and multi-grain toast with peanut butter. If there was ever a meal that "hit the spot" that was it! D got the fried egg sandwich with diner potatoes and Kar got the waffles. I did have a bite of Kar's waffles and man were the good! Like dessert for brunch!


Now for the bad news, I didn't get any pictures of our meals... I know! I'm sorry. I'll do better?


I do have pictures of my dinner though! Not quite as exciting, but better than nothing... I hope! I made one of my favorite stand-by dinners. Spaghetti squash with a tomato, mushroom pasta sauce. This meal is so simple and yet it's one of my all time favorites! I first add some EVOO to a preheated pan. Chop up some garlic and onion and add it to the oil. Let it cook low and slow to extract the maximum amount of flavor! Then I add the canned tomatoes. I'm not one to be picky about the kind of tomatoes I use. Diced, whole, purred - whatever I have on hand I use up! Then comes the mushrooms. Added at the same time as the tomatoes so they have enough time to cook down. This is when I add the spices. Chili flakes, dried basil, parsley, italian seasoning, whatever I feel like! And always a dash of hot sauce! I let this sit on low heat for as long as I can. To serve, all I do is place the sauce over a bed of spaghetti squash.






So good!! Well it's getting late here... can't wait to blog tomorrow! What should I have for breakfast?? Good night all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment