I love answering questions on my blog. One of the commenters from my last post, asked me if I could share my recipe for Shrimp Soup.
It's the simplest recipe I can think of!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- half an onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon ground basil (didn't have fresh, but it's better)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 generous pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 28 ounce can of tomatoes
- 40 medium sized shrimp, cleaned and shelled
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat, add the onions and cook until they are soft.
- Add the garlic and spices. Cook them for a minute.
- Add the tomatoes. The longer you cook these ingredients the more flavor will be developed.
- When you are about 5 minutes away from serving the soup, add the shrimp and cover the pot. Shrimp take hardly any time at all to cook. You'll know they're done when the curl up and turn pink.
Nutritional Info: 286 calories, 27.8 grams protein, 18.1 grams carbs, 9.3 grams fat
If you make it, let me know what you think. I love it. It's one of my stand by recipes actually. We love shrimp, so I have it on hand always.