12.13.2010

Best Cardio Workout!

I know I said I was cutting cardio out, but I don't know if I can give up this one workout. I'll probably change my mind again, but I just felt like I needed to do cardio tonight. I really wanted to get my blood pumping! It was an intense 40 minutes.

A few years ago, when my husband and I were dating, we used to do Crossfit for date nights. He was in the military back then, so we'd truck on over to the base and get an intense, supercharged workout in. This workout brought me back to those days!

It's called The Card Game. There all types of card games used for exercise. This one is super simple.


What you'll need:

  • A deck of cards (jokers in)
  • Good pair of running shoes
  • A mat
  • And a bottle of water (trust me, you'll need it!)

There are 9 exercises (feel free to pick any plyometric exercises):
  • Mountain Climbers (double the reps)
  • Bicycle (double the reps)
  • Push Ups
  • Swill Ball crunches
  • Burpies
  • Reverse Crunches
  • Dips
  • Spidermans (double the reps)
  • Jumping Jacks (double the reps)

The rules:
  1. For each exercise flip over three cards. 
  2. Add the numbers up on the cards (Some cards don't have numbers. Kings, Queens, and Jacks are all 10 reps. Aces and Jokers are 11 reps.) The total is the number of reps you will do for each exercise. 
  3. Keep going until there are no more cards to be flipped. 

I did three rounds, a deck and a half of cards. I think I might make plyometrics part of my weekly workout plan.
 
If you try it out, let me know. If you have tried a game like this before, what exercises do you like to throw in?

No comments:

Post a Comment