12.07.2010

Leg Circuit

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd share a little about this "new workout plan" I've mentioned.

After lots of research, and talking with people like April, I've decided to switch my workouts from a lower weight, higher rep and cardio based to lifting heavy and doing minimal cardio.

About a month ago I finished P90X. I did really enjoy P90X. Tony Horton's videos are entertaining, and even more challenging. Although P90X is incredible to work your butt into shape and build endurance, I'm ready to start working towards my specific goals.

So after doing much research I've come to the conclusion that lifting heavy is the best course of action to build lean muscle mass to create the "toned" look so many of us are after.

This is the leg circuit workout I've been doing for about 3 weeks now:

  • Reverse lunge with back foot on a bench - 25 reps on each leg, one leg at a time
  • Calf raises - 15 slow reps, 10 fast reps
  • Sumo squats with a swiss ball behind my back, against a wall (I couldn't find a video to show the use of a swiss ball. The swiss ball keeps my back straight.) - 25 reps 
  • Walking lunges - 25 reps
  • Wall sit - 45 seconds
Repeat 3 times. 

Try not to rest in-between exercises until you have completed a whole round. Then allow yourself 2 minutes of rest and go again. 

My leg workout is going to have to change now. Time to start lowering those reps and upping the weight! 

Thanks for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment