4.17.2010

Pumpkin Crazy

Hey gang,

Today has been one of those quietly busy days. D and I got so much done, but it felt so relaxing at the same time!

My breakfast didn't stay with me very long. About 3 hours after I ate my breakfast cookie, I chowed down into a small bowl of cottage cheese, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and nutmeg.

















I poured a little sugar free maple syrup over the top.

Then lunch came about an hour later.

















Leftover potatoes (102 grams) with ketchup (1 T)

















and the same lunch I ate yesterday.

















It was pretty darn tasty. Right after this, D and I got going on our errands. We went to Sears to get a fan for our bedroom. Then we dropped D's car off to get new tires put on. And after that, we hit the gym. I did a biceps and back workout.

  • 21's - 30 pounds, 3 sets
  • bent over row - 40 pounds, 3 sets of 12
  • hammer curls - 12 pound dumbbells, 3 sets of 20
  • lat pull downs - 70 pounds, 3 sets of 12
  • back extensions - 3 sets of 25
  • seated close grip row - 50 pounds, 3 sets of 12
My stats looked something like this:

Time - 40 minutes
Calories burned - 169
Max heart rate - 142
Average heart rate - 110

Usually I would be disappointed with the lack of calories I burned, but I didn't want to push too hard with my hips in the state they're in.  

As soon as we came home, I devoured this bowl of food. 

















  • 1/2 cup cottage cheese 
  • 2/3 cup plain yogurt 
  • 2 T pumpkin puree 
  • 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder 
  • cinnamon 
  • nutmeg 
Can you tell I love pumpkin?

Dinner was alright tonight - not amazing. 

















Chicken Caesar Salad
  • 4 cups romaine 
  • 5.5 ounces chicken breast 
  • 7 grams croutons 
  • 1 1/2 T caesar salad dressing 
  • lots of lemon juice
I usually don't even like caesar salad, but I've been craving summer foods lately (e.i. burgers last night). 

I'm still hungry... what shall I eat, what shall I eat? I'm not sure yet. 

Have a great night everyone :) 

1 comment:

  1. I have to try that pumpkin mixture! It looks delicous!

    ReplyDelete