11.01.2009

The Celebration

Howdy,

Last night D and I went over to my parents house for a Halloween cowboy party. We ate Mexican food and watched Tombstone. SO much fun.

Here are some of the costumes:

My Aunty Carol on the left, my mom on the right























A few friends























D on the left (that's a wig, not his real hair. Thank goodness!), my dad is on the right
















A few other friends























These are my dad's boots on the left, my boots are on the right (Aren't they fun! You don't see pink cowboy boots too often.)
















My mom had prepared several courses of food for us to enjoy. The first, seafood soup with shrimp, scallops, sweet potatoes, and cilantro (not sure what else was in it).
















The second course was a salad I didn't have because I was already getting full! The salad had a pumpkin seed vinaigrette. I did try some of that while my mom was making it, and it tasted a lot like tahini.
















The main course was a spread of mixings for tacos. SO yummy, spicy deliciousness. This is my plate of food. I had one taco with pork and hot peppers, with sour cream to cool everything down a tad. The other taco is beef that was marinated in a spicy pepper marinade. I topped that taco with my mom homemade fire roasted tomato salsa and guacamole. And then some homemade beans. So so so good!
















Dessert was a hit. It was almost like a berry cobbler, that my mom served with vanilla ice cream.
















Everyone loved it. She made it in this huge skillet.























Great night! You can always expect to have wonderful food and company when you visit my parents ranch.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment