2.28.2010

There's No Beating a Breakfast Cookie

Hey kids,

Today has been relaxing day thus far. I woke up to the new bag of spelt flakes waiting for me in the kitchen. This made me a little sad. I was craving a chilled breakfast cookie. The spelt flakes don't really look that different from regular rolled oats.

























They certainly cook faster though. I'm wondering if I got the equivalent to "quick cooking oats"? I doubt it because of the way they tasted. They had a lot of texture, which I loved.

































In the bowl was:

  • 1/2 cup spelt flakes
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1 tbsp natural peanut butter 
I wanted this bowl of spelt to be pretty plain so I could see the different between spelt and oats. It certainly had more texture, and I think it could have used a little more liquid to help it get creamy. 

Lunch was superb! D and I went out with my parents to a restaurant downtown. I got the Omega Eggs Benny on spinach and portobello mushrooms, with no hollandaise sauce.  It was incredible. 



















They served a vegetable harsh (potatoes, eggplant, peppers, and onion) and fruit on the side. 

I didn't think we were going to go out to eat after church, so I didn't bring my camera. I'll have to get better at this! That's two days in a row now. You have my apologies. 

I'll chat with you all soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment