2.23.2010

I See Green

Today has been great. I feel like I've accomplished a lot, and I love that feeling.

About an hour after I ate breakfast I went to the gym for a killer shoulder work out. I love the Fitnessista's blog for many many reasons. One of them is her crazy work outs. Today I did the intermediate version of the Winter Shape Up week 2. It was awesome. My arms were quivering by the time I was finished.

Another reason why I love the Fitnessista? Her egg puff idea! Love this one - a great way to get protein in without taking in too many calories.

Soon after I got back to our house, I left again for school. Part way through class I munched on my lunch, which unfortunately went unpictured because my camera died. It was a cup of 1% cottage cheese, an organic apple, and cinnamon. Not too exciting, so don't feel bad for missing it.

When I got home again, I started making D's dinner. I made him beef lasagna, very similar to this one. While cooking his dinner I ate this:














I absolutely love these bars. They come in three different flavors. We got them from Cosco. They have 15 grams of protein! How awesome is that!?

About a half hour after D's lasagna went in the oven, I started on my dinner.














This had:

2 ounces pasta
1/2 tbsp butter
1/2 tbsp flour
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup frozen peas
1.5 cup spinach
freshly grated nutmeg
s & p

It was alright. The sauce was hardly there at all, but the peas made up for it. I adore peas in my pasta.

After I finished that off (which didn't take long), I moved unto my salad.














This salad had about 2 cups of mixed salad greens, 1/4 of a tomato, 1/4 of a cucumber and less than a tablespoon of balsamic vinaigrette. So good. I think a salad is the best way to end a meal.

Now, it's back to work.














My work area looks something like this right now (yes, that is a cup of coffee, I need to stay awake through this paper!)....

Gooooooood night to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment