10.29.2009

Chicken Curry

Tonights dinner was none other than chicken curry. I used one of Martha Stewarts recipes. I think this is also the first one of her recipes that I've tried and haven't been completely impressed by.
















Let me walk you through the process.

First I browed the boneless, skinless chicken breast in batches - as to not over crowd the pan.
















While the chicken was doing it's thing, I chopped up an onion and 3 cloves of garlic.
















Once all the chicken was browned nicely, I removed it from the pan, and replaced it with the onion, garlic, a teaspoon of cumin, 3 tablespoons of hot curry powder, and 1/2 a teaspoon of thyme leaves. I left this in the pan until the onions were soft.
















At that point I poured in a can of light coconut milk, 1/2 a cup of water, 2 chopped up carrots, and the browned chicken.
















All I needed to do at this point was let the chicken become fully cooked and let all the flavors blend together - about 10 minutes at the least. Just before it was ready to be served I added the peas (probably about a cup).
















Served over rice this meal is very pretty, but D and I agreed that it lacked a dimension of flavor. It was spicy and that was about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment