10.19.2009

It's a Beautiful Morning

Good morning everyone!

D came in to wake me up this morning (he was on his night shift). I came downstairs and we shared a little oatmeal together.























I had two leftover from different days. Since we didn't have enough of one kind to share together we mixed together the carrot cake oatmeal and the pumpkin pie oatmeal.

Here's what was in the carrot cake oatmeal:

1 cup oats
1 cup water
1 cup milk
1 shredded carrot
finely chopped pineapple
ground ginger
cinnamon

I cooked this all up and then toasted a handful of pecans and shredded, unsweetened coconut and sprinkled that on top. After trying it, it did need a little more sweetness (I think I added too much ginger - not pleasant), so I added a little maple syrup to counter balance the ginger.

I did enjoy the pumpkin pie oatmeal better. It had:

1 cup oats
2 cups water
half a banana
about half a cup of pumpkin (mmmmm so yummy)
a copious amount of cinnamon
ground ginger
ground cloves
ground nutmeg
peanut butter
and a little maple syrup and milk to finish it off

And the mixed result?
















Not too shabby! I really liked how the pumpkin one calmed the flavors of the carrot cake oatmeal. I enjoyed my breakfast alongside a steamy mug full of green tea.

Unfortunately I need to start on my homework for today's class. Shouldn't take me too long, it's just reading.

I'll see ya later!




No comments:

Post a Comment