7.17.2009

The Guilt and Shame

It's sort of funny that after I wrote a post on one of my favorite desserts, I'm writing a post on the guilt one feels after eating something they know they shouldn't have eaten. This post is coming from a place that's filled with a lot of personal experience. I wish you could just flip the rewind switch and go back to the place where you were deciding if you really needed that second bowl of frozen yogurt or that coffee shop muffin. Why can't we all be like the french? Everything in proportion? Even if it is a slightly smaller portion than you'd like.
We often hear, balance is best and I think we'd all agree that's true after we've had that coffee shop muffin. But what about before we've had the muffin? Why can't we just put ourselves in check and analyze the situation rationally? When people come to me for advice on eating or losing weight, I give them a simple equation. Food = Calories, Calories = Energy, Excess Energy = Fat. Cut out some calories and boom! Your losing weight. Now, I do realize that there's a lot more to it than that, but that's the gist of it. So why is it so hard to follow my own advice?
I'm not looking for answers to all these questions, just needed to get some of this off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment