7.03.2009

Maple Apple Pie for Breakfast?

You bet! Maple apple pie in the form of oatmeal... Mmmmm and boy was it delish. I love it when I create an oatmeal recipe that's new (at least to me) and as fantastic as this one was.





































Recipe for Maple Apple Pie Oatmeal:

1/2 cup oats
1 cup water
1/4 apple
Tablespoon peanut butter (or the nut butter of your choice)
Cinnamon to taste
Maple syrup to taste

Combine the oats, apple and water in a medium pot. Let this cook down until it's almost the consistency you like. Now add the nut butter. Stir to combine and pour into your bowl. Sprinkle the cinnamon over the top (I probably used just over a teaspoon here) and pour as much maple syrup as you want (I don't like my oatmeal to be too sweet, I probably used a tablespoon).

To go along with the oatmeal I made, I had one of these... Stay back type 2 diabetes!













I'm SO tempted to make this breakfast again tomorrow, but I was planning on making a baked oatmeal. So who know what I'll do! Stay tuned to find out...

Crazy fact of the morning... 1/2 a teaspoon of cinnamon a day can lower your LDL cholesterol.

No comments:

Post a Comment