7.02.2009

Is it Right or Wrong?

D and I just had a killer work out tonight! We did: 5 rounds of:
5 rope pulls
10 pushups
15 back extensions
20 raised medicine ball sit-ups
25 medicine ball triceps extensions

I used a 12 pound medicine ball and D used a 20 pounder. Now I'm polishing back a smoothie in hopes of getting back some missing energy. This smoothie had strawberries, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, ice, a frozen banana, and natural peanut butter. It was just the thing I needed!



















Now with no more delays, I bring you my research on coffee. The only thing I ask of you is to remember to think for yourself and challenge the information I bring to you today before excepting it as truth. And with that... lets begin!

The idea for this post started when I thought I'd kicked the habit, but picked it up again just as quickly as I'd left it. Obviously, I'm talking about my coffee drinking habit. My discoveries today were actually very comforting! Coffee is not only not bad for you, but if drank in moderation, coffee actually has some positive aspects. I think the most well known benefits of coffee are it's ability to enhance mental and physical performance, but it also can lower your risk of type 2 diabetes. These are some surprising advantages to chugging back that cup of joe in the morning. Coffee may reduce the risk of developing gallstones, improve cognitive function, prevent colon cancer and the lower the risk of liver disease. For the active, coffee also has been know to improve endurance and performance in long-duration physical activity. Now that I've run through many of coffee's advantages, let me balance out the information with the most surprising disadvantage I found - drinking coffee may actually prevent weight loss! To prove my point, I found a study followed by more than 58, 000 health professionals for 12 years. Both men and woman who increased their caffeine consumption gained more weight than those who didn't.

Now please take the time to research this topic for yourself if you're still looking for more information. I'm not a health professional and this is just information I've found online. What may work for me, won't work for the next gal. So take what I teach with a grain of salt. However, if you do have any more questions, I'd be happy to try to answer them for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment