3.17.2010

Best Quesadilla EVER

Hi gang,

I've been busy this morning finishing up a paper that's due tonight. I feel really good about it. It's the one on body image I was telling you about. I think my teacher is gonna like it. 

I took a break to make the best quesadilla I've ever had. 

















  • 1 portobello cab
  • 2 cups spinach
  • 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
  • 30 grams brie cheese
  • whole wheat tortilla shell
  • sriracha hot sauce (everything tastes better with a healthy dose of this stuff)
I sauteed the mushrooms and oil in a nonstick skillet for about 10 minutes, then added the spinach and continued to cook for about 3 more minutes. 

In another pan I heated a whole wheat tortilla shell for about 30 seconds before adding the mushrooms and spinach. My cheese of choice was goat cheese brie. It's one of my favorite cheeses because it's mild and melts beautifully. I topped the mushroom spinach mixture with the cheese and folded the other half of the shell over. I flipped it once to brown on both sides, then took it out of the pan, cut it up, and squirted hot sauce all over it.














I'm gonna hit the gym soon. D backed out of the run we were supposed to do tomorrow because the weather is just terrible. So I couldn't blame the guy. I'm still undecided if I'm gonna do it yet. Stay tuned to see ;) 

Have a great afternoon everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment