3.19.2010

A New Bowl!

First off, let me apologize for the lack of posts yesterday, and I don't even have pictures to show you. Shameful! I know... gotta do better by carrying my camera around with me!

D and I did go to The Bay last night. We had a few leftover items to pick up from our wedding. I fell in love with a bowl. I know... go figure Shayna. It is really beautiful. I used it today for my breakfast.

















I was right, wasn't I? It's pretty.

















Ok, Ok, Ok... Back to breaky - steel cut oats! YUM

















In the pot:

  • 1/4 cup steel cut oats
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 banana
  • 2 egg whites (whisked in at the end for about 2 minutes)
Toppings:
  • 1 tbsp natural PB (that sunk to the bottom haha!)
  • few tbsp maple granola 
  • cinnamon 
I love this combo.... never fails me people, it never does....

We're having a few new friends over for dinner tonight. I've decided on making butternut squash soup, chicken (and mushroom - for me) quesadillas, and a D's favorite salad. Kind of a mixture of foods, but we love all of them, so hopefully our guests will too! 

On today's to-do list:
  • Run 4.5 miles
  • Get groceries for tonight
  • Tidy the house
  • Work on a paper 
It's gonna be a busy one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment