3.03.2010

Oat-Branerrrrrific

Good morning everyone!

I slept so well last night; I wasn't even up before my alarm, which is huge for me!

Last night's dinner didn't hold me over as I hoped. I was still starving about a half hour after I ate it.


















  • 4 cups mixed salad greens
  • 1/3 cup black beans
  • 1/3 cup corn
  • 1/2 cup salsa
  • 1 serving firm tofu 
  • 1 grated carrot 
  • 1/5 avocado 
It tasted great - another great mexican feast. It was just too small, or I was just TOO hungry. 

So I made D and I these babies. 

















These are the fitnessista's recipe. I did have to change the recipe quite a bit because I didn't have all the ingredients. 

Here are the switches. 
  • Instead of two cups of spelt flour, I used 1.5 cups of whole wheat.
  • Instead of vegan chocolate chips, I used 80% dark chocolate. 
  • Instead of molasses, I used honey.
  • Instead of almond butter (too precious to use for cookies), I used natural peanut butter.. 
And they turned out great! D was swooning over them, while he was eating his ice cream (frozen yogurt) sandwich. 

















This was my dessert. 

















One cookie with one scoop of Champan's Chocolate Frozen Yogurt. It was ahhhhhhh-mazing :)

Now, let's fast forward to this morning. 

















  • 1/3 cup oat bran
  • 2/3 cup water
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
  • 1/4 sliced banana
  • 4 grams goji berries 
  • 1 tbsp almond butter 
  • cinnamon 
It was pretty darn tasty! After I'm finished writing this post, D and I are heading to the gym. I'm running 4 miles, and I'm not sure what he's planning. 

Have a fantastic morning everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment