3.26.2010

I Need a Rest

Evening to all,

Today has been quietly productive. By that I mean, I've checked off about half of the things that were on my to do list. I still have that horrible paper to finish.

One of the things I checked off my list, was my workout. About an hour after my breaky I headed to the gym for light cardio, abs and lower back.

My cardio was 20 minutes of the stairstepper. It got my legs burnin!

Then I hit the mat for abs and lower back.

  • long arm crunches 
  • reverse crunches
  • supermans
  • crunches on stability ball
  • knee tucks 
  • russian twists 
2 sets of 20 

Not bad... but I didn't get through all of the exercises I wanted to, and I wanted to do 3 sets of 20. I think my day off is really needed. I need to get back some energy!

Food

Post workout was the usual. 

















  • 1 cup UVAB (unsweetened vanilla almond breeze) 
  • 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 4 ice cubes
See that red make on my wrist. That's a burn. I ALWAYS burn myself when I make quesadillas. I have a few other burns on my right arm. I might start wearing oven mitts for all cooking techniques! 

In a few hours it was time for lunch. 

















Ingredients sauteed together:
  • 4 oz chicken breast
  • 3 brussels sprouts
  • 3 oz mushrooms
  • 1/3 cup brown rice 
Vinaigrette to pour over everything:
  • 1 tsp mustard
  • 1/2 T olive oil
  • 1/2 T white wine vinegar 
  • stevia
  • pepper 
Nestle everything over 2 cups of spinach and enjoy!

So yummy, and so good for me. 

I decided to try a new recipe as a snack. 

















This is April's recipe. It was so good! Moist and rich. Mmmmmmmmmm...

Here's dinner. 

















I can't believe it was just a few days ago that I wasn't eating meat! I love not having that restriction over my head. 

This was a canned tuna dish. 
  • Chop of 1/4 green bell pepper and 1 clove of garlic. Saute them in 1 tsp of olive oil. 
  • In a medium size bowl add 1 drained can of tuna (packed in water), 1/2 T mustard, 1 tsp capers, 1/4 lemon's worth of juice, and pepper. Mix these ingredients well. 
  • Add the cooked bell pepper and garlic into the tuna. 
  • Add the whole mixture back to the pan. Cook till it's all heated through. 
I served asparagus on the side. In my opinion this was the perfect side dish. It was still crunchy, which added a needed textural element to this dish. 

Now, I really need to get this paper down. Tired of hearing that yet? I'm tired of saying it... 

No comments:

Post a Comment