3.24.2010

Fish for Dinner

How's everyone's day been thus far? Mines been good.

I have a few more things I've been thinking about today. My brain just doesn't stop ;)


More Changes

So you all know how much I adore seafood. I've been missing it oh-so-much. The new macro combination has been crazy hard to do (as I suspected it would be), with my experimental vegetarian diet. I think you can tell where I'm headed with this...

I wanted to try out vegetarianism to see if my body would feel any better, not that I was feeling poorly to begin with. Perhaps this is why I haven't seen the results I thought I was going to. People say that it affects their skin, they feel less lethargic, and lighter when they don't partake meat. To be honest, I didn't see these results. It was easy for me to give up meat, especially red meat, since I'm not a fan to begin with. As of late, I've really been missing the fish and the chicken breast. So I've decided to start adding lean protein (from meat) back into my diet. I think this will help balance out my new macro requirements.

If you can't tell, I'm all about experimenting with what works best for me, and I'll keep experimenting until I find the perfect balance!

Now! Let's get to the good stuff - the food.

My pre workout snack was new for me.


















  • 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese
  • 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 1/3 cup Kashi puff cereal 
For my workout:

Eliptical:

1-10 minutes at level 6
11-20 minutes at level 8
21-30 minutes at level 10

Stairmaster:

30 minutes at level 4 

My legs were burning by the end of my workout. It was great! 

My post workout snack was a smoothie. 

















  • 1 cup spinach 
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 frozen banana
  • 1 scoop chocolate protein powder 
It was SO good. I loved the change of protein flavor. Chocolate is so much better than vanilla. I made the smoothie in our food processor, since both our blenders are broke. :( 

An afternoon snack

















A hard boiled egg. Love these, I forgot how much till this afternoon. 

Can you tell I'm trying to keep my protein levels up? 

Dinner looked something like this. 

















Tons of greens and SALMON! Oh how I've missed thee fish.

















5.5 ounces of salmon:
  • wrapped in foil with coconut butter, lemon, and pepper
  • baked (for far too long, it was over cooked) at 375 degrees
Broccoli and asparagus - steamed 

















Green salad with about 2 cups of mixed greens, 1/2 cucumber, and balsamic vinaigrette. 

It filled me up to the brim. So much good filling food. 

So what do you guys think of my diet changes? I welcome all of your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment