3.14.2010

A Protein Packed Dessert

Good Afternoon,

It's time to recap some of my food. I didn't post last night's meal or sensational dessert.

Here was my dinner.

















It was the same as the other night. I cut up about 1/3 of the veggie pancake and served it over a bed of sautéed cabbage with the spicy mayo sauce. It was so good. I can't get over how good cabbage is! 


Here was dessert.

















The banana soft serve has been frequenting the blogosphere lately. I made one attempt at it months ago, and was less than impressed - the texture was off for my liking. It wasn't until I saw Angela's recipe that I knew I needed to make a second attempt.

Her recipe:

  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • splash of almond milk 

My addition:

  • 1/4 scoop protein powder
Blend everything in a food processor or blender until it becomes the consistency you like. Easy peasy, right?


















Now to today's eats. You already saw what I had for breaky in the post before this one. It was so yummy. I love apples in my oatmeal.

After church I came home and made this quesadilla.

















I filled the quesadilla with one of my leftover black bean burgers and goat cheese. Twas scrumptious, and was devoured in about 30 seconds flat. I was pretty hungry.

















I forget if I told you all about my new coffee discovery. When I was at the grocery store a few days ago, I picked up vanilla cream flavored coffee. It's so good! I'm not sure if it's a good thing I discovered this coffee, since it has almost doubled how much coffee I drink! I figure that as long as I stay hydrated what's the harm? Or at least that's what I'm telling myself to ease the guilt ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment