3.06.2010

Can't Wait for Next Weekend

I'm ready for the next weekend to begin. I feel like I haven't got a break yet! Sheeeesh... I need a break.

Here were the snacks I promised I'd eat earlier.

















1/4 cup 1% cottage cheese, 2 tbsp granola

























My mom bought me this tea about a month ago. I didn't even know there was such a thing as chocolate tea! It's amazing. It smells like your actually breathing in a chocolate that's sitting right in front of you.

















































So yummy.

A few hours later came this bar.

















Next up - dinner!

















I made zucchini "fries", butternut squash casserole and another couldn't-be-simpler mixed green salad.

For the butternut squash casserole:

  • I split in half the squash, scraped out all the seeds and baked it for about 40 minutes at 350 degrees.
  • When I took it out of the oven, I let it cool and smashed it all up.
  • I satued an onion and garlic with sage in a pan over medium heat. 
  • Once the onions started to turn yellow I add them to the squash. 
  • I stirred everything together, sprinkled some (I'm talkin like 1 tbsp) parm cheese over the top and baked it for about 40 minutes.
For the "fries":
  • I took two zucchinis and sliced them into stick shapes. 
  • Dried them off with a paper towel.
  • Dipped them in a egg, then into a mixture of about 1/2 cup panko  bread crumbs and 1/3 cup parm cheese.
  • I layed them skin-side down on a baking sheet and baked them for about 20 minutes at 425 degrees.
I loved the "fries" the best. We dipped them in marinara sauce I had made earlier in the day. It was an awesome dinner in my opinion. 

Then I hit the gym. I had planned on running 6 miles, but when I got to the gym I wasn't really feeling a slow run. I needed to do something intense. So I sprinted for about a mile, then did a shoulder workout. It was just what I needed. 

Now I'm snacking on this power-packed bowl of protein. 

















  • 1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
  • 2 tbsp chia seeds
  • splash of water
  • 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
  • 1/2 packet stevia
  • 1 tsp cinnamon 
I love the texture chia seeds get when you leave them soak for a few minutes. 

Good night bloggy friends. Can't wait to catch up with you tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment