3.31.2010

A Great Day

Morning!

I hope everyone's yesterdays were fantastic. Mine sure was! J and I went to our big mall in town and shopped till our hearts content. We both walked away with some fantastic purchases. Before the mall, we went to the gym. It was an awesome workout. I wish J lived here! She pushes me so hard. We did 30 minutes of cardio, and just under an hour of an arm and ab workout. Faaaantastic.

When we got back from the workout we ate this AMAZING lunch.









































This was my plate.

I made the smoothie that's in that bowl.

  • 1 cup berries
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 scoop chocolate whey protein powder
  • 1 T cocoa powder
(serves 2)

It was so good! I've been making all my smoothies in the food processor lately; it makes them so frothy! I might never go back to a blender. 
J made the salad
  • lots of spinach
  • red bell pepper
  • mushroom
  • tomato
  • cucumber 
  • leftover turkey sausages from last night
  • balsamic dressing
It was just as good as the smoothie! Such a great lunch. 

We hit up the mall till around 6 pm. We were starving by the time we left! We went and picked up take out for dinner
















J and I got the same thing - chicken teriyaki with sauce on the side, no rice, and extra veg. We picked D up a beef and chicken dish (similar looking to this one), and california rolls. 

Now, to this morning. 
















(sorry the pick is so dark)

Pumpkin Oat Bran with "Baked" Apples

Pumpkin Oat Bran
  • 30 grams oat bran (about 1/4 cup)
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/3 cup pumpkin
  • 2 egg whites
  • cinnamon
  • nutmeg
  • cloves
Baked Apples 
  • 92 grams (half an) apple
  • cinnamon
Place the ingredients in a bowl and microwave for about 40 seconds. 

It was so yummy. It fixed my grumbling tummy problems. 

I have two classes today. One is Intro to Lit, the other is Intro to Rhetoric. I love rhetoric! 

I'll chat with you all soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment