3.13.2010

Pre-run Fuel

Hi friends,

I tried to recreate that amazingly fluffy bowl of pumpkin oats I made the other morning.

















Doesn't look quite as fluffy as this one

















....or maybe it does after looking at them side-by-side. Hmmm... I'll let you all be the judge.

















This bowl was good, but not as good as the oats from the other day. I didn't have as much pumpkin to add today, that might be the reason.


















  • 1/4 cup oats
  • 1/4 cup spelt flakes
  • 2 tbsp oat bran
  • 1/2 tbsp chia seed
  • 1 1/2 cup water
  • 1/2 banana
  • 2 tbsp pumpkin puree 
  • cinnamon 
  • cloves
  • nutmeg
  • 1 tbsp natural PB 
  • 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
I'm now on my way to my parents house for a little running party meet-up and brunch. This is my first time running with the Prime gals and guys. Prime Fitness is the place I go to for my two hour workouts about every two weeks. We were supposed to be going cross country skiing this morning, but there's no more snow! Shucks (well not really, I'm happy the snow is gone), but it would have been fun to try out cross country skiing. 

Different groups of people are running different distances. I'm gonna try to go for 10 km. If I do, that'll be the longest I've run since my hip injury. I'm hoping I can do it! 

I'll see ya all later with the recap! 

No comments:

Post a Comment