3.18.2010

Creamy Dreamy Oats

I'm enjoying one of the best bowl of oats I've had in a while. But before I talk about those, I'll go over what happened last night.

Let's start at the gym. I went to the gym really early in the afternoon, and banged out an hour on the stair climber. I almost fell over when I stepped off the machine. That workout took everything out of me.

My post workout fuel should have been a smoothie, since liquids absorb into the body so much fast than solid foods, but I didn't want to make one, so I went for a protein bar.

















I did some homework, and then took off to go to my night class. Rhetoric is actually my favorite class I'm taking, so I don't mind going into school at night.

I packed these two dishes for dinner.

















In the cottage cheese container:

  • about 1/4 cup cottage cheese
  • 1 pear
In the tupperware container:
Twas a lovely portable dinner. 

When I came home from class (an hour early! I love it when teachers let you out early), I made a snack. 

















Chia pudding! Before I stuck the bowl in the fridge for about 40 minutes I added:
  • 2 tbsp chia seeds
  • 2/3 cup almond milk
  • cinnamon 
It hit the spot. 

Finally, onto this morning's meal. 

















In the pot:
  • 1/3 cup oats
  • 2 tbsp oat bran
  • 1 cup water
  • 1/2 banana
  • 2 egg whites (whisked in after the heat is turned off)
Toppings:
  • 1 tbps natural PB
  • sprinkling of chia seeds
This bowl of oats is pretty much the simplest I'll make, but it was so creamy. I loved it! 

D just got home, and we have plans to make for dinner tonight. We're going out for Indian food! Yay! I love Indian food. 

Have a great day everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment